Friday, February 18, 2011

What's the Matter With Tork?

You know what? I'm going to start using the word zealot more often.

Why bring that up? Whenever I force myself to read the comments in a political discussion, I have the urge to shoot myself. But to get to my point, I really object to anybody who claim that that their opponents can't think for themselves and must be stripped of power.

Anybody who thinks this way is dangerous. If you can't respect your political opponent than you're suggesting some ugly things. Any ideas about democracy or republic kind of go out the window if you can't trust a significant portion of your country.

I just think this country is growing more tribalistic. I can't get worked up about patriotism at the Super Bowl. For God sakes, that stuff is trying to unite people. I'm really suppose to be more scared of people listening to the national anthem and saluting the flag and ignore "my enemy only does stuff because they're neanderthals. Screw them!" ?


Whatever. Want a joke? Why did the chicken cross the road? Because my perfect, perfect politics, shut up you Nazi!

Pretty funny, huh? Maybe I need a duck to look at you so you know when he's speaking wisdom while making a funny.

No comments: