Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Dear people trying to exploit the Arizona shootings,

Go to hell. (But I don't mean that literally, since apparently having an opinion might cause random crazy people to do something!)



I lost good friends because they could no longer view their political opponents as anything but mere caricatures. And here we are with people pointing fingers long before any facts about the killer himself was established.

I'm so sick of the politicization of everything. I understand that politics is a part of life but the constant sophistry is ridiculous. This just in: There are people who disagree with you. About anything! If that's shocking, you're an idiot and you need to keep OUT of politics.

Although you probably can't tell from this blog, I'm an adult. But this whole thing has me scared. Really scared. What exactly is your endgame if you blame speech like this for causing near-political assassinations and the murder of many innocent bystanders? If you don't like debate, even passionate debate, there's always dictatorships.

No comments: