Friday, January 21, 2011

Two Bad ESPN Columnists...

I just wanted to say something about two guys at ESPN.com who's work I used to like but now hate.


First up is Gregg Easterbrook, the Tuesday Morning Quarterback. I used to like his column because he would point out certain things about NFL games that I would miss. And I like his points about not blitzing too much or going for it instead of punting when it doesn't make sense too.

But the man has become insufferable. Never mind the fact that his column is so predictable now. The man JUST. CAN'T. LET. SPYGATE. GO! He wants to say that the Jets win last Sunday was due to karma. No really, karma over something two years old. This from a guy who wants you to believe that he knows stuff about science, which he (sorta) sprinkles throughout his column.



The other is Bill Simmons, the Sports Guy. Bill used to have a great gimmick. When the Patriots started winning Super Bowls, he was able to give a long-suffering fan's view. I bought his first book, even if it was a bunch of his own articles stapled together. Problem is that the Patriots have passed from losers to dynasty, he's lost his identity, so to say. Now, I don't hate him because his team is successful, nanny nanny boo boo. But he's a forty year old making references to MTV shows and I've lost interest in his work.

That and HE'S WHITE, BUT HE LOVES BASKETBALL!!!!!!!!! B!A!S!K!E!T!B!A!L!L! Hey, the stupid NBA season is over, what about football, or some other interesting game? NO, LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT HOW I'VE BEEN TO ALL THE CELTICS GAME! (Just like all sports fans!)



By the way, I don't want to imply that the rest of the columnists are good. I'm sure they suck, I just don't read their work.

No comments: