Monday, April 4, 2011

This Week In Entertainment (4/5/11)

My Pick of the Week is Tron: Legacy DVD for two reasons: I missed it in theaters and I wish I hadn't, and I think the gal on the movie poster looks attractive. In fact...!




You know, I've never seen the first movie, either. For a long time I thought Tron was just an arcade game with a big blue stick.

Also out this week in theaters is Soul Surfer, a movie about a woman who surfs after a shark bites her arm off. Yikes. Notice how the poster shows her non-severed arm.

The Bill Hicks Story, as far as I can tell from my admittedly limited research, is a cross between Man on the Moon and The People Vs Larry Flynt. In other words, rehabilitation of an unfunny comedian with a laughable free speech angle tacked on. (Man, there are times I'm glad I don't have an audience.)

After reading the premise for this movie, I'm surprised Jack Black doesn't a star in it.

On DVD is one of the Narnia movies. I don't know which one because it's been a while since I read the second book and I haven't seen any of the movies. From what I understand they were written out of order.

Watch as a respected actor gains weight! (Man, what a lazy joke.)

From what I've heard, she had quite a few words. At least in the book that's soon going to be a big film.

Finally, a film about the people behind the cameras.


And lastly, the Jabberjaw collection. Get this, it's a Scooby Doo clone except with a shark! And he talks like a cross between Curly Howard and Rodney Dangerfield! Isn't that just nutty?!

No comments: