Friday, January 20, 2012

I could do that.

But I'd probably die.

I'm talking about a contest by FOX to watch 86+ straight hours of The Simpsons.  I could do it if I wasn't worried of my heart exploding on me. 

To view the contest I was looking through the latest version of The Simpsons website.  Do you remember what it was like during 2000?  FOX had just released some episodes on VHS (FRIGGEN EXPENSIVE, TOO!  Not that I'm bitter.) and dubbed the tenth year of the show as fandemonium or something.  I think there was a donut on the front page or something.  It had a forum, but oh boy was I not going to join that.  Phew. 

Anyway, it has a few episodes from the current season, which is cool, but should I point out that South Park, for example, hosts all their episodes on their website?  Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, does this sound like the actions of a website for a fan whose had ALL he could watch?   (That made sense in my head.)

I was looking through its character section.  The short paragraphs for each character are accurate for the first few seasons.  Which goes to show what happens when your series lasts 25 years.  (Please, let me see the series finale.)  And Martin Prince is NOT that important a character.  Non-fans would be confused by that section.

This post is over.  Go home.

No comments: