Friday, January 6, 2012

They'll Never Stop the Simpsons

I honestly haven't been watching the Simpsons that much since the season after they released the movie.  I did watch a couple episodes this year.  (This being the show's twenty-third year.  Yeesh, haven't you made enough money off non-enviromentally friendy action figures, Matt?)  The last episode, Holidays of Future Passed, would actually make a decent Series Finale.  (Poor Lisa, though.  Nobody deserves Milhouse.)

So anyway, the next episode is called Politically Inept, With Homer Simpson.  Hurray, I haven't cringed this hard at a premise since season 16 where they were making fun of the Janet Jackson Super Bowl thing.

Remember when there was this guy who had a show, and one day he said something really controversial.  And by controversial, I mean ----ing stupid.  And now he plays off his edginess by going on his HBO show and telling people what they want to hear?  ("Those people we don't like are totally dumb!")  Thanks for reminding us about that troll, jerks.

Actually, now that I think of it, it'd be a better episode if it took shots at political comedians than at dumb cable news op-ed shows.  A Jon Stewart is probably worth 10 Keith Olbermanns (before he flamed out.)  So yeah, that Bill O'Reilly is a bit of a blowhard, huh?  That Glen Beck sure is crazy, huh?  Anyway, Homer's show gets popular and he becomes the spokesman of the Gravy Movement....Ugh.  Let's just call this episode Sideshow Bob Roberts mixed with the Homer half of Today I am a Clown and move on.


After that is The D'oh-cial Network.  Way to keep up with the times, Simpsons' staff!  Admittedly I just got into twitter this last year, but I'm hoping Facebook is just a fad.  Warning:  Lisa episode.  Also Patty and Selma do a thing? 


The following episode is Moe Goes From Rags To Riches.  Hey, Moe is a good character.  I assume.  They haven't ruined him, have they?  Jeremy's Iron guess stars as a dish rag that takes Moe through time.  And, I don't know, maybe they have a crazy wedding where do do do do do... I guess they're still working on this episode.


The five hundredths episode of the show is At Long Last Leave.   Hey, Simpsons' writers?  These "Haw, we've been on the air for too long!" jokes were cute back in the eighth season.  Now?  Yeah, we're not laughing with you.  In fact, you know how for years we kind of laughed with you when you took shots at FOX and Rupert Murdock?  Now some of us are old enough to realize that he gets rich off the show either way.


Oh, and they're going to have a Lady Gaga episode.  Super.


Oh well, I'll at least watch the latter two episodes.

Oh wait, did they ever reveal what happened to Ned and Edna?  That episode wasn't bad, if you ignore the dumb final 30 second cliffhanger thing.  I guess I should have watched the episodes when they popped up on Hulu.  Then again, I should be able to give only as much effort as the show gives.

No comments: