Monday, April 23, 2012

Game Seven

I hate this team myself.

I was just happy to see them in the playoffs after this year. Then Holtby had to be incredibly hot. Suddenly it looked like this team had the hot goalie for once. Beating the defending Cup chance would have been the biggest thing the Caps did since, well, the last time they beat the Bruins. In 1998, the Caps won in the first round FOR FREAKIN' ONCE since I've followed them and they were suddenly the top seed because the sixth, seventh, and eight place seeds prevailed. As crushing as it was to watch Esa Tikkanen miss that empty net in the Finals, I was just happy that the Caps just got that far.

I hate game sevens. I'm still scarred by the 1995 playoffs where the Caps got hot thanks partially to their goalie Jim Carey, led the Penguins in the series 3-1, and lost. I was so cocky that I said something like, "Tonight will be the Penguins last game" for three straight games.

I fully expect Wednesday night will be a blow out. Washington will turn its attention to RG3 the next day.

No comments: