Sunday, January 28, 2007

Sunday, Lazy Sunday (January 28th)

I forgot to mention this last night, but the site where I used to find C64 roms was c64.com, which was recently grabbed by c64hq.com, and is similar but not the same site. Also, if you couldn't find a file there, there was an FTP called Arnold that had even more C64 stuff.

The emulator I was using was WinVice. The latest version of Vice has an optional file that allows you to make your own AVI files. Sadly, I don't exclusively use this computer and some new program somebody else installed prevented me from making a movie last night. It would have helped me with my Demo Fun entry. I actually prefer CCS64 to Vice, but I use Vice exclusively on this computer.

I finished Bill Simmons book yesterday. After writing about how I used to write easy to read sports books, it's funny that I was in the middle of reading another one. I'm not putting down Simmons, of course. His articles are always worth a read even if I don't really give a darn about Boston sports. But his book is a collection of articles he wrote for espn and his old website, so it didn't take me long to read it.

I missed today's episode of The Simpsons. I had forgot about it while I was lazily playing a few games. This is the second straight episode I missed this season, and I've seen every episode up to that poin.

I love the laziness that happens on a Sunday. If only Monday wasn't so far away.




Last book I read: "Now I Can Die In Peace" by Bill Simmons

Next Book: "Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Man of Bronze" by James Alan Gardner (This, by the way, is the example of a novel that made my friend Lita roll her eyes.)

2 comments:

Lita said...

Accidentally missing The Simpsons isn't a curse, it's a blessing. I've "accidentally" missed every episode this season and I've never felt better.

Anonymous said...

This season hasn't been as bad as the last 5 or so. Only a couple misses, some average and a few good ones.

That being said, uh, I missed it last night too....