Monday, March 10, 2008

This Week In Entertainment (3/10/08)


If only all picks could be as easy as this Pick of the Week. I have a Wii. I love EarthBound and I loved the earlier Super Smash Bros. games. I will get this one and test the online capabilities. Maybe I'll see you, the reader, online. I'll always be (name withheld due to spoilers.)


In theaters this week is the animated movie Horton Hears a Who. Question: Since when do the Whos look like monkeys? Anyway, I used to be a huge fan of Jim Carrey but I stopped watching his film when he made Man on the Moon and the only one I've seen since wasn't very good. And that was also a Dr. Suess film! Also, wasn't the original HHaW film serious and not a comedy?

I'm not sure if this is the kind of movie that I would enjoy but a documentary about the reaction to Sputnik sounds interesting.



I saw advertisements for the Bee Movie several times last year. It was a promo for THX. Never saw the movie, though.

I usually wouldn't promote a DVD set that's only has a few episodes, but Imaginationland were a decent set of episodes from South Park. The recurring joke was kind of gross, but I liked the rest of the trilogy. I wish I could show episodes like this to the writers for The Simpsons.


In video games we have the PS2 version of Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters. What's the poin of owning a PSP again?

On the DS is YAFFG, which stands for Yet Another Final Fantasy Game. This one is in the entry of "that series that continues from that game that not many people played on the GC.

I didn't think anyone would dare to release another Wii game this week, but Sega did. I guess if you don't like Brawl, you can't blow up zombies.

No comments: