Monday, March 3, 2008

This Week In Entertainment (3/3/08)



My Pick of the Week is Bully for the Wii. It's GTA only you're an evil Bobby Hill at a high school. The game pissed off some guy for some reason. As much as I liked the GameCube, it really could have used more hubworld games, even if I have bitched about repackaged PS2 games.


In theaters we have 10000 B.C. It's made by the same people who made ID4 and The Day after Tomorrow, so it'll be worth watching but also be really dumb.


On DVD we have the Inspector cartoons made by the same people who did the Pink Panther cartoons. I had one of these cartoons on a 3d View Master slide once.

Also out is Horton Hears a Who. Say, is there an unnecessary 3d remake coming out soon?

There's another Dr. Doolittle movie coming to DVD. Ummm, why? I remember when I read reviews for the first movie and the reviewer said it was nothing but butt jokes.

All right! A DVD for a movie that was responsible for a lot of punchlines in the 80s, or so I've read. It's C.H.U.D.

Also a cult 80s movie is Return of the Killer Tomatoes. My mom said some nice things about the original, but after seeing a clip of it, I have my doubts.

This DVD promises that you will get higher grades in Calculus. I didn't know that all you needed was 11 hours. I wish they had this back in 99.


Turning our attention to books (because sometimes I actually find books interesting, really!!) is a book about John Adams. You know, that guy between Washington and Jefferson? Him.

Why Mars and Venus collides? Well, when two planets love each other very much...

Second Life is freaky. That's all I have to say. I'm tempted to log in but I've seen some scary stuff about Second Life at Something Awful.


Back to video games, we have the first franchise MLB game for the Wii. Go Nats! I wonder if they have the new Nats stadium and if they'll include RFK as a retro stadium. Probably not. You know what would make me buy this game in a heartbeat? If they had the President's Races at Nat's home games.

I bitch about Wii games that are really PS2 games, but at least I don't have a PSP, or I would bitch about PSP games that are really PS2 games.

No comments: