Monday, March 17, 2008

This Week In Entertainment (3/17/08)



Just for the heck of it, I'm picking Shemp Cocktail as this week's Pick of the Week. The set is actually kind of weak. The best shorts are public domain and Knife of the Party is a terribly unfunny short. Still, I would buy this set just for the interviews on the second dvd.



Also on DVD are a couple cartoon series I watched as a kid. The first is a Pup Named Scooby Doo, which was a more comedic Scooby Doo. By the way, did you know that there are as many Scooby Doo episodes as Simpsons episodes? I can't get over that.

The other is The Pebbles and Bamm Bamm show. Apparently after The Flintstones went off the air, Hannah Barbara kept bringing them back on Saturday mornings. I used to watch this show on USA but I can't see this show coming close to passing the nostalgia test.

Married... With Children Season 8 had a memorable meta episode. The show within a show got canceled because a housewife didn't like it. Plus, she didn't like football so Fox lost that as well. Edit: Oh wait, that was next season. Well pretend I said something nice about this set.


There's a book about the recently retired Favre. Can he just go away already?



On the PS2 is the Metal Gear Solid Collection. This series is the perfect combonation of cut scenes, conspiracy theories, hide and seek, and cut scenes. Remember, nukes are, like, bad.


On the Wii Virtual Console is Spelunker. This is a NES game that I wanted to get when it appared in the Nintendo Strategy Guide. My friend Lita had it. I've played it on emulator and it seems like the kind of game where you die a lot. Oh well.

No comments: