Tuesday, October 14, 2008

This Week In Entertainment (10/14/08)

My Pick of the Week is the DVD for the latest Indy movie. It's a good movie even if it lacks an ending. (They had 20 years and they ripped off the first movie?)


In other DVD news we have just in time for Halloween, a bunch of Hitchcock films I've never heard of.

A Nightmare on Elm Street 5 and Freddy's Dead are both considered film favorites? Really?

I don't think the hadron collider is getting enough press outside the mandatory scare stories. It's neat, dammit!

The first Home Alone was one of the most important movies ever! At least to us ten year olds back when the first movie was released. It's hard to believe they made three crappy sequels, two without Macauley. The fourth was suppose to be a prequel with some kid playing Kevin while the guy from Third Rock plays one of the original villians. I think I'm not making that up, but I wisely changed the channel before long.

Dear God, they're making more of these in other countries?

On the Wii we have Sam and Max Episode 1, a game made by the same company who did the Strong Bad games. I've downloaded the first SB game and love it, so I hope to pick this game up as well.

In theaters is Max Payne, a movie about a game I never played. When even I never heard of your game, why bother making yet another crappy vg to film adaption? You can't blame everything on Uwe Boll.

1 comment:

The Mickey said...

You can't blame everything on Uwe Boll, yet you rush to make a reference to him for a movie he's not even connected with?

Face it. You're the Family Guy of Video Game Nerds