Tuesday, February 16, 2010

This Week In Entertainment (2/16/10)

It's a very special Friday edition of This Week. My Pick of the Week is this DVD of Black Dynamite, a movie about... I have no idea, but a website I like said it was good, so this may be the first good Pick of the Week I ever made.


In theaters this week we have a movie about how awesome Celine Dion is. Maybe there's more to this movie about how awesome she is and how the whole world should feel good about how awesome she is, but that's not the vibe I'm getting from it's description and title.

This movie is about a marriage that falls apart and is supposedly stitched together from old home movies. Which means I'm about to destroy some VHS and Beta tapes after I post this post.


On DVD is the first season of Barnaby Jones. This series set up a cameo in the 1994 Beverly Hillbillies movie.

This is a movie about Halo, which is a game about...I still don't know, to be honest. I think it's about a blue and red guy talking about stuff but I think it's also a first person shooter. This is also available in Blu-Ray, which is interesting considering the competing console companies.

You know what will never get old? Jokes about Dragon Ball Z where the punch line is that X number of episodes went by without anything happening.

Dear God no, why? This is 80s nostalgia I can do without. Shame on you, Shout Factory. Why not put the show up on Hulu and use IP data about anybody who watches as blackmail?

Say, is it Lent already?


Finally, someone makes an important DVD that we can all learn a valuable skill from.


I once watched a woman comedian joke about Playgirl magazine. She wondered aloud how any woman could pay money for such a thing. If you wanted to see a man naked, just ask one she reasoned. I wonder the same thing about a DVD of college age women kissing. Do you really need to pay to see that? It was already a cliche when Britney and Madonna did it.



There was probably some video games but I didn't check so tough.

No comments: