Monday, February 8, 2010

This Week In Entertainment (2/8/10)


My Pick of the Week was just announced Saturday. It's Blaster Master: Overdrive for the Virtual Console. It's suppose to be a reimagining of the original Blaster Master for the NES. That game was tough but fun, and I hope this game is worth the 1000 Wii Points.



Also out this week in theaters is a movie just in time for Valentine's. It's Wolfman. Tell your gal I recommended this movie for your date night.

Also in theaters is Percy Jackson and the Olympians, which is about... I don't. Probably some Harry Potter knock off.


On DVD is Dante's Inferno. But it's not based on the divine comedy. It's based on the game that's based on that. I sometimes wish I was a teacher so I could grade the papers of the kids who think watching this video will help them write their book report or do well on their exams. By the way, one of the voice actors is The Joker himself, Mark Hamill!

Here's a set of Charlie Chaplin's best, from his famous silent stuff to his first talky, The Great Dictator.

No.

(I have to say that amazon really had sex on the brain this week. Usually it's all belly dancing but this week it was kama sutra videos.)



I usually ignore the PS3 and Xbox 360, but today marks the release of Dante's Inferno. I think it's a God of War clone. Not that I played that game either. I want to see this game just to see how accurate it is to the Divine Comedy. You know, just to make "Dante must be spinning..." jokes.


On the Wii is Super Monkey Ball: Step & Roll. I have yet to play one of these games. This one uses the Wii Balance Board.

Finally, on the Wii Virtual Console is Princess Tomato and the Salad Kingdom. It's a game where you get to smack your persimmon buddy around.

No comments: