Monday, July 18, 2011

This Week In Entertainment (7/19/11)

In theaters this week is the final movie of the Marvel six.  It's Captain America.  It takes place during World War 2 but it should set up the first Avenger movie.  Kudos to Marvel for what they succeeded in doing.  It's crazy making six movies (all with about $150 million budgets) to lead up to a couple more films.  This is an easy Pick of the Week.

On Blu-Ray is Amelie.  I've never seen this movie, but I've seen the cover many time in stores, so I assume it's about a cute French alien. 

We have two DVDs about the NBA champs, the 2011 Mavericks, and the NHL Stanley Cup winner, the 2011 Bruins. (Blu-ray)  I was rooting against the latter, but watching Canadians riot is pretty funny.

Tekken the movie is about... I don't know.  Never played the games. 

We end with The Poky Little Puppy.  Man, those Little Golden Books were my childhood. 

No comments: