Wednesday, October 5, 2011

What I've been up to lately.



I've been thinking about the future.  Now, contrary to what those of you who love and adore me may think, I won't live forever.  So I'm doing what anybody in my position would do:  I'm giving my money to talented people who may actually do something. 

In this case, I've made pledges to three different kickstarter projects.  Kickstarter makes me nervous because I'm worried I'll give money to a scam artist, but for now I think I made some good choices.  The above clip is a promo to three different documentaries.  The man has already made a documentary about text adventure games and an old Internet bulletin board system, and I got a coin for contributing the former.  (Haven't seen the latter.)  I've pledged enough to the current project that I'll receive a credit in all three proposed documentaries.  How about that?  I may get an entry in the Internet Movie Database.*

* -  Nah.  I'll just have my name listed among a sea of others at the end of each documentary.  Still cool, though.

Another project I contribute a little cash too is a Video Game Museum to be opened in Las Vegas.  One of the rewards for pledging is a ticket to go once it's open.  I really hope to go next year.  We'll see.

The last is a short movie called Troll Bridge.  It's about a really old Conan the Barbarian type fighting against rock creatures.  Really crossing my fingers on this one.

I won't pretend that I'm some kind of philanthropist since I get something back if the projects go through and I get refunded if the projects don't.  Still, I like what I've seen so far, and hopefully there will be more good projects in the future.

No comments: