Sunday, February 12, 2012

I just want to point out two facts.

Ex-Prez Bush was president from 2001-2008.  Current Prez Obama has been the president since 2009. 

Ok, do we have that?  Good.

This guy is a dope.  (I think he may be the guy who named a kid after a Star Wars Prequel Trilogy character.)

Let pull a line out of it.

Chances are you don't even remember these words of Darth Maul: "Fear is my ally."
Maybe I don't remember those words because they were only used in a trailer.  Darth Maul had ONE line in the entire damn movie!

The Prequel Trilogy was awful, including the politics, not in spite of them.  One of my biggest disappointments of the movies was the Galactic Senate itself.  One little planet in trouble?  Let's immediately dump the chancellor.   It was so dumb and useless that OF COURSE it got taken over.  I don't care how sad Natalie Portman looked.  Episode 4 made it seem like a tragedy when it got dissolved off screen, but it was portrayed so laughably in the first three episodes that I can't see how you were supposed to root for it.

Want to convinced me that this trilogy was accurately portraying the Bush years*?  Show an in-universe comedian making a million "Palpatine is dumb!" jokes while Palpatine fails to fight back.  Oh yeah, and maybe have B'll O'R'lly on the holographic F'x N'o'o's' channel called the comedian a galaxy hater, I guess.

* - Which, again, ended without a civil war.

No comments: