Tuesday, May 13, 2008

This Week In Entertainment (5/13/08)



My Pick of the Week is a double dipping dvd set. This is suppose to be special editions of the Indiana Jones movies. I never really watched the dvds from the first set so I have no idea how special these editions are. Still, as a fan of the first and third movie, I'm picking this set just for the heck of it.

Also out on DVD is an animated movie about Pez. Wait, what?

Four for Texas is a Frank Sinatra/Dean Martin movie with a cameo by the Three Stooges. Moe thought that westerns were sadistic, so it's funny that the Stooges appeared in so many spoofs of them.

He's on a mission...from God!

That's...one way of looking at it.


In theaters this week is the second Narnia movie. I didn't see the first movie but I have read the book. Maybe I should rent the first movie.



On the DS is the latest port of Myst. Sure, why not? I have played the game before but I never got far.

We Ski is interesting in that it's a balance board game released a week before the Wii Balance Board is released. (It can also use the remote.) It's also interesting in that they couldn't call it Wii Ski. I guess Nintendo has dibs.


New for the Wii this week is the WiiWare. WiiWare allows you to download new games the same way you download Virtual Console games. They are basically games that are too small to justify a 50 dollar pricetag. A couple look interesting.

The first one is a trivia show called TV Show King. Four players compete by picking answers to trivia questions. There's a wheel to spin at some poin. Looks like a fun party game, even though video game trivia shows tend to have replay problems due to a limited amount of questions. 1000 Wii Poins.

The second one is Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life As A King. This game got my attention because I thought it was the next Crystal Chronicles game, but it really seems to be a game about building a kingdom and keeping it. I guess Square-Enix was worried that no one would buy a game called "Cute Big-Headed Characters version of The Sims." At this poin, is there any reason for Square-Enix not to put "Final Fantasy" or "Dragon Quest" on any game they release? This game introduces a Pay and Play option, which allows you to buy stuff for your kingdom. Ca-ching! A whopping 1500 Wii Poins.

No comments: