Monday, May 26, 2008

This Week In Entertainment (5/26/08)



My Pick of the Week is the second volume of Sony's recent release of the Three Stooges shorts in order. This covers their shorts from 1937-1939 and should have about 24 shorts. I'd have to say that the best one is Violent is the Word for Curly, which includes the alphabet song in it.


Also out on DVD is volume two of the most recent string of He-Man cartoons. Again I ask, was this edition out long enough to justify breaking it into two volumes?

Another set of the later Honeymooner episodes. I don't know if they're any good but they should be worth it for completists.

This dvd has Churchill giving some speeches, and I bet he was drunk while giving them. That's what makes him so awesome.

In theaters is a 2 and a half hour (!) film. It's Sex and the City: The Movie, and did I mention that it's freaken long? I've never seen an episode, but isn't it too early? And did you know that EW devoted a whole magazing to the series? Seriously.


On the Nintendo DS is Super Dodgeball Brawler. I guess someone thought it would do better if it had "brawl" in the title. Anyway, I loved the original NES game but haven't picked up the GBA version.

On the Virtual Console is City Connection, an odd cross between Pac-Man and Driver. I wanted this game badly as a kid but it's more of an arcade game than anything. 500 Wii poins, probably.

On the Wii is the latest Death Jr. game. I remember when the PSP game was being hyped big time. Now, I can't recall a Death Jr game with a good review. Too bad, a game where you star as the grim reaper is a good idea.

No comments: