Tuesday, May 20, 2008

This Week In Entertainment (5/20/08)



My Pick of the Week is the third season of The Muppet Show. That reminds me that I still have to sit down and watch season 2.



Also coming out this week in theaters in Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. I'm lowering my expectations for this but I love the first and third movie so I'm hoping that it doesn't suck.

For the Wii, we finally see the release of Wii Fit. I may pick that up, but I don't have the time to stand on a board every day. Plus, I don't know if I could feel comfortable picking it up at a store.


Back to DVDs, we have the release of the second National Treasures movie. The first one was ok but this movie didn't last long in theaters. I don't remember it.

Season 5 of Penn and Teller's BS is out. I'm sure I wouldn't like every episode of this show but I do like an occasional episode posted online. This season had an episode about Walmart and argued for it, which is refreshing given the Walmart hate. I just wish I remembered that it was a Showtime show, because one scene during the episode could have gotten me in deep trouble at work.


This dvd set combines Richie Rich and Scooby Doo. May I take the moment to poin out that there are more episodes of Scooby Doo than there are of The Simpsons?

MST3k fans will remember that Bobo and Brain Guy once had an argument about two of these movies. Too bad the third movie isn't Dunstan Checks In.

This is not, REPEAT, THIS IS NOT the same Film Crew that made the four episodes of a lost attempt to be the successor to MST3k. And that movie sounds dirty.

Short Circuit is being released on DVD. Just in time for Pixar's soon to be released robot movie.

Please don't get me this. This DVD set is like looking at a person with half their body taken over by cancer.

For a moment I thought this useless set was that movie about a guy who was a huge fan of the Stooges. I've never seen that movie.


On the Wii Ware we have Dr. Mario Online RX. I've never been a big fan of Dr. Mario, but at least it's online and involves the Miis. 1000 Wii Poins is pushing it, though.

No comments: