Sunday, May 15, 2011

This Week In Entertainment (5/17/11)

I have two Pick of the Weeks. I can't choose one Rifftrax Live Show over the other, can I? From last year, we have Reefer Madness and House on Haunted Hill.


Also out this week in theaters is the fourth Pirates of the Caribbean. It has to be better than the third movie, right? At least we dump the girl and her love interest, right? And maybe have more Barbossa, the only good thing about movie three.

Hard Breakers is a movie about two women who kidnap men and...WHA?! Is this really a The Violent Years-type movie? And jeez, one of the attackers is "good" and one of them is "bad." What more can I .... Oh dear. The one review up at Rotten Tomatoes makes it sound more like a comedy. Yeesh.


On DVD is a Thor animated movie. Shouldn't this been out a week earlier to capitalize on the film?

These two Abott and Costello movies are new releases, I guess. Rio Rita and Abott and Costello Meets Captain Kidd.

Cigarette commercials, the beer commercials of their time! I hope they include all the dancing cigarette ones.

Corporate Cut Throat Massacre is about competition or something. If it was the eighties it would just end up being a slasher film.

On Virtual Console is Chrono Trigger, the greatest game about time travel. I defy you to find a game that implements time travel better than this one, and it's just an RPG. I hope this is the original translation, because if it doesn't have "Sir Slush!" I'll be annoyed.

No comments: