Monday, May 9, 2011

This Week in Entertainment (5/8/11)

My Pick of the Week is Soul of the Bellydance. As someone who has used Amazon for years for DVD entries, I've seen hundreds of bellydancing DVDs. This one may be the first to discuss the soul of the whole thing. Or maybe it's another tutorial for housewives. I wouldn't know.



In theaters this week is the terrible looking People vs George Lucas. Now, I LOVE Plinkett, so I don't mind people taking shots at Lucas for the trilogy, but this documentary looks like a bunch of whiney nerds making bad arguments, which will make Lucas look good. I have my doubts about this film.

I saw Priest advertised at a GameSpot. Enough said?

On DVD is some Justin Beiber movie. When I was a kid, I laughed at jokes about killing Barney. Now I just want to slap anybody who think "Justinbeiber!" is a punchline.

Good gravy! A twentieth anniversary edition of Home Improvement? I still can't believe that show lasted beyond it's highly rated first two seasons.

I know that KissMe Girls: Girls Kissing is probably about, but looking at the title I laugh at the idea of someone buying it and being disappointed that it's just kissing. "Whoo!! WHOO! Whoooooo! ... Aren't they going to do something else?" (No, I'm not providing a link.)


On Wii Virtual Console is MDK 2, a game about huge bosses and those wacky scientist levels. I was surprised by the game's sense of humor when I played it for the PS2. Pick it up for ten bucks.

No comments: