Thursday, June 16, 2011

OK, are we done yet?

All four of the major Boston sports franchises have won championships in the last decade.  Can we please move on?  I've heard there are places like Cleveland and Buffalo that have long droughts.

Speaking personally, the Caps have wasted two straight top playoff seeds and Esa Tikkanen missing an open net still hurts.  Washington hasn't won a World Series since 1924.   The Redskins have won Super Bowls in my life time, but Dan Snyder.  (Oh, and I guess we have a basketball team.)

But I'm not going to whine. I'm going to build a time machine and kill all the Boston writers who got rich off whining about Game 6 of the 1986 World Series. 

1 comment:

The Mickey said...

We'll keep the World Series.

Everything else can be released into the wild.