Tuesday, June 28, 2011

This Week in Entertainment (6/28/11)

My Pick of the Week is Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D.  It takes a side game from Resident Evil 4 and makes you pay forty bucks for it, but meh, I heard it looked really good.


In theaters this week is Transformers 3:  Dark Side of the Moon.  Bay actually apologized over the second one, do I'm sure this will be better.  I have yet to see a Transformers movie, by the way.  Never cared for the franchise. 

Sucker Punch is the latest Hollywood flick about women kicking butt. Question:  Why is Hollywood so bad at making those kind of movies?  It seems like something that should just work, but they seem to end up lame. 


On DVD is the complete ReBoot animated series.  I've never seen it, but I'm sure Michael Bay Jr. will make a movie about it in 20 years.

On Blu-Ray is Lord of the Rings, extended versions.  I hope that these movies replace the novels, which are boring.  Nerds are dumb.  The movies should be the ultimate canon.

Presumably like the Large Hadron Collider, only bigger.

NOW IN HIGH DEFINITION:  Lord of the Dance!

Now available: the first season of Star Wars: The Clone Wars.  Any enthusiasm I may have for this series (It's being written by Not-George Lucas!  And it's kinda Star Wars, I guess.) is being tempered by the fact that I hate The Clone Wars.  And I still don't like the animation.  I'm being serious when I say it looks cheap.  You can have all the flashy glowy things but the faces on the characters still look cheap.

Finally (it's about time!) you can get all three seasons of Gilligan's Island all at once.  There would have been more, but Return to Gilligan's Island...yeah, let's not talk about that film.  The novelty of putting that show in the Relevant 70s wears off quickly.

No comments: