Wednesday, June 1, 2011

This Week In Entertainment (5/30/11)

X-Men: First Class

My Pick of the Week is the newest X-Men movie.  The last two has admittedly left me underwhelmed, and prequel is a dirty word to fans nowadays, but what the heck.  It's got Emma Frost for nerds to drool over.

What does it say about Chicago if the Cubs are its heart and soul?  (Gotta love that it's Blu-Ray.  100+ years of futility, in 1080p!)

I clicked this link thinking:  Isn't "classic" the wrong word for dinosaurs?

Genius proven by art cover.

New Morals for Old (1932):  The date and title just scream:  We got to get this done before the Hays Codes take effect!

This DVD teaches you how to direct movies.  Making a movie is on my bucket list, among the many many hobbies I'll pick up for the week and get bored of quickly.  I wonder if they have any pointers on directing a film with a Flip Video Camera.


In theaters is Turkey Bowl.  If they don't get John Madden to do the commentary...Also, why don't Madden games have a turkey football mode? 

Putt Putt Syndrome is a movie about how you forfeit on that one damn hole where you have to go up a hill.  I hate those holes!

On the DS, this collection will remind players why people got excited about Duke Nukem Forever long before it became a punchline.

No comments: