Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Chomics!

Chomic is a term created by my friend, Pharaoh Mobius. It was a word he and a friend created to describe online comics. I first heard him use this phrase in late 2001 when he decided to make an online sprite-based comic based on an RPG that several of us* were participating. That's a story for another day, though. I only have about 15 minutes before I'm going to get breakfast.

Not so long story short, I've asked him for his old "Tales from the Duh" sprite sheets and I'm going to make a few comics to be posted here. I'm not going to bother setting up an account at a comic place because I tend to get bored easily. (Remember when I was going to program an Atari game? Or make a portable out of a console? Both projects put on hold indefinitely.)

I came up with a few ideas on Monday. It's not going to be a continuation of the old comic because I couldn't do the story justice. I want to make about seven to ten comics with about 3-4 panels each before I post anything. I just want to see what kind of punchlines and scenarios I can come up with. And even if my humor fails, my bad attempt at background items should at least make it worth it. If I have any kind of success, maybe I can make it a weekend thing. I've been really lazy updating this blog on weekends.

Surely I can at least cut and paste and throw in some lazy dialogue and an obvious punchline, right?







* - And by us, I mean the people who I've linked to. Check out those links to your right.

1 comment:

wurwolf said...

Oh yeah, I know all about projects that you don't feel motivated to take on. Remember when Lita and I used to update Holeee Cow? Those were the days.