Monday, August 13, 2007

This Week In Entertainment (8/13/07)



My Pick of the Week is...a documentary? The heck? This movie is about a man's quest to get the all time score in Donkey Kong, and the reviews at Rotten Tomatoes are very good. Hopefully the word 'chumpatized' on the poster I put up here isn't actually used in the movie.


Also out today should be Metroid for the Wii Console. I know it must look primitive to people who haven't played it before but back when it was first released it was brilliant. (With the exception of those verical hallways where you had to jump up. Darn those were annoying.) I already have a couple versions of this so I don't need to spend the 500 Wii poins. JUSTIN BAILEY ________ ________!

Also out for the Wii (and GameCube and various other systems) is Madden 08. I haven't touched a Madden game since my intro to the series, Madden 94 for the SNES. I liked the Madden 07 demo I played at a mall so maybe I'll pick this one up. This will be the first Nintendo football game with online options.


Moving onto DVDs, we start with the Anniversary edition of Labyrinth. Lita hooked me up with a copy of this movie before but now I can buy this DVD to pay off a piracy offset.

The Aqua Teen Hunger Force movie comes out this week, not to long after it was released in theaters. How did that Boston ad do for you guys?

A very funny show if it's the one I've seen on Comedy Central, it's Rowan Atkinson Live! The best bits are the ones where he's a principal telling a parent about a student he killed and the one where Rowan does all the characters in a play. It also has the bit where he's in a church, which he did as Mr. Bean once. Very funny, if a bit salty, stuff.

Speaking of Mr. Bean, this DVD includes his first movie and Johnny English, a movie that was funny but I'm having problems remembering. Say, is there a sequel coming out soon?

I would buy this movie if it included a bit where Robert DeNiro looks into the mirror and screams "SEGA!!"

At first I thought it was weird that they made this compilation without the most famous movie in the series, then I realized it was probably better this way. Wouldn't you be appalled if they included the first movie just to make you buy the latter ones?

SPOILER ALERT - IT WAS THE ONE-ARMED MAN!

I saved this for last because it made me laugh. Here's a collection of three movies under the title of Computer Science 101, yet it includes ridiculous anti-CS movies like Hackers. I admit I haven't seen it, but doesn't include 'hackers' using ridiculous GUIs? If there was a young kid I hated who wanted to be a CS major, I would give him these movies to screw him up. (Still, this set is better than say, the Anatomy 101 set. That includes friggen Showgirls. Do you want to think of Jesse Sprano when you think of female anatomy? Yikes.)

1 comment:

wurwolf said...

That would be so awesome if Robert DeNiro yelled "SEGA!" into a mirror in Taxi Driver!