Sunday, August 26, 2007

This Week in Entertainment (8/27/07)


My Pick of the Week is Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. I love the first two games and I'm definitely picking this one up. Sadly, Nintendo maintains that this is the last game in the series.




On DVD is the complete Crocodile Dundee set. Beware of kangaroos with guns. (Wasn't the third movie involved in that fake critic scandal?)

I can pay to watch commercials? Neato!

Ok, now your movie title is just plain obnoxious.

Dangermouse: The Complete Series. This show was once on in the early hours of Saturday morning. I've seen more episodes from a tape a friend gave me than by myself.

I'm intrigued by the history of this cheap video game review show, but not sure if it's worth it. I mean, I could just watch the Angry Video Game Nerd for free.


Back to video games, we have Wild Arms 5 coming out for the PlayStation 2. The first Wild Arms was a decent game that came out a few months before Final Fantasy VII. Except for two nearly impossible to figure out puzzles, it was good game and it should be in my top ten RPGs. The second Wild Arms wasn't so great, and it had a disturbing plot about how it's ok to manipulate countries by using terrorism. The third Wild Arms was even worst, and had a ridiculous ammount of boss fights. I skipped the fouth Wild Arms because I figured the series was a one-hit wonder. (There's a remake of the original that I may borrow from my sister one day. Too bad I'm getting too old to enjoy RPGs.)

Out on the Wii Virtual Console today is Wrecking Crew. This was made before Mario's days as a plumber. I'm not sure what else there is to this game except I think eggplants are one of the enemies you face. 500 Wii poins.

2 comments:

wurwolf said...

You know, when I click your links I get sent the product's Amazon page, which is fine, except that when I go to visit Amazon later on they tell me that based on my recent viewing history, wouldn't I like to see all this stuff about video games, lame movies and the Redskins? No, Amazon, I wouldn't. Would you like to jump up my butt?

I'm not complaining about you including the links. I'm just saying.

Tork said...

Yeah. I like Amazon for it's selection and prices, but the constant clutter is annoying.