Monday, August 6, 2007

This Week In Entertainment (8/6/07)


Today's Pick of the Week is The Simpsons Season 10. I'm not sure how many seasons I'll eventually get since the commentaries have become less and less fun, but I'm definitely going to pick up these episodes. This season included a really lame Halloween sketch, Phil Hartman's last appearance, and a really terrible episode starring the best father in the world! This gives me an idea for a post this week.


Also out this great week, is The Film Crew: Killers in Space. I'm including the link to the Best Buy page because amazon took forever to deliver Hollywood After Dark. I hope to review TFC:HAD sometime this week.

Another great DVD set is The Muppet Show: Season 2. I work and graduated from the same college that Jim Henson went to, so you know I'm picking this up. PIGS...IN...SPACE!!!!!


The recent animated TMNT movie is out on DVD. I didn't see this in theaters and it doesn't look like the film did that good, but I'll probably eventually see this.

See, releasing a Blu-Ray edition of Final Fantasy - The Spirits Within doesn't fix the problems with the film. It merely makes it's one redeeming feature probably better.

I actually watched one of the Superfriends shows as a kid, so it might have been this collection, which was made in the mid-eighties.

This is the second season of the Saturday morning edition of TNMT, I think. Good stuff, if I'm thinking of the right era.

The History of the Jets: You see, there was Joe Namath and his guarantee! And, Joe Namath and his guarantee...and, Joe Namath and his guarantee......J E T S? Jets Jets Jets... Jets?

Something for Bears fans to watch when this year's Chicago Bears go through the inevitable 'letdown after a Superbowl' loss year.

History of the Chiefs: Featuring some of the best 13-3 teams to not make the AFC Championship game!

The Naked Gun Triple Feature, because they don't make spoof movies like they used to. Buyer beware: THE JUICE IS LOOSE IN THESE MOVIES!

Black Supaman: Because White Superman doesn't care about black people!


Out in theaters this week is the third Rush Hour movie. The plot involves French people or land or something. It's probably stupid but I'll see it if HP5 or The Simpsons Movie isn't available. By the way, if you could clone ten people, wouldn't Jackie Chan be one of them? Think about it.

1 comment:

wurwolf said...

Amy and Onil saw the TMNT movie and they loved it. I didn't see it. Amy told me about this one part where one of the turtles made a joke about another turtle's mom and the other turtle says, "Dude, she's your mom, too." She said that Onil totally cracked up and that he was the only person laughing in the theater. He's insane.