Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Redskins Watch (8/14/07)

Last Saturday the Redskins played the Titans in their first preseason game of the year. Since it's only the first preseason game, it doesn't really matter, and therefore I don't have to watch the whole game to give any thoughts on it. Besides season ending injuries, there's not much you can take away from the game. Still, here's my kneejerk thoughts.


My biggest worry about the Redskins right now is their offensive line. It would be typical of the Redskins to slightly improve their defense after last year but then watch as their offense dramatically decline. Jason Campbell fumbled a couple times, one after a linemen missed a blitz. I really want to see what Jason can do this year and I don't want him to become the next Patrick Ramsey. I really don't want to see Brunell this year.

Jason had a couple good passes, but we didn't have either of our two best running backs playing so the offense didn't do much. I'm losing patience with Al Saunders even if this was only a preseason game.



As for defense, Vince Young didn't play because of some mystical mysterious unmentionable rule. I forget what it turned out to be, but it was really lame. I think he missed curfew or something, but why did that have to be hushed up by the announcers and the Titans? We got Kerry Collins instead. I still remember rooting for the 1996 Panthers. The Redskins defense was ok, but the Titans did a better job of moving the ball.


I didn't watch the second half. I just remember being online and seeing the score at the two minute warning, thinking the Skins were about to be shut out. I finally refreshed the page and the Skins won by 14 poins. I really hope that we don't see our third string QB play this year.


We got the NFL Network announcers, for some reason. Usually we get the local radio guys for preseason, and the guys we got were pretty boring. It sucks that we now have a HD tv and we might have to turn the volume off and the radio on during the game.

No comments: