Monday, August 20, 2007

This Week In Entertainment (8/20/07)




My Pick of the Week is the DVD set for the Tenth Season of South Park. I caught a few episodes after the whole Scientology thing and there were a couple classics. I didn't see all the episodes, but I loved the episode where they made fun of Family Guy and the media's fear of Islamic terrorists and the episode that made fun of conspiracy nuts. This season also included a hilarious take on evolution. (And while the creators of this show clearly have no use for religion, I think the Richard Dawkins got it far worst than any of their takes on religion.) Sadly, for some stupid reason, the only episode that was nominated was nominated for an Emmy was the online RPG episode. I don't know who's to blame for this but the Emmys suck.


I was born in the 80s, so I'm required to poin out that Mr. T's "I Pity the Fool" series is out on DVD. Amazon says it's the first season, but I thought the show only lasted six episodes.

Lita should like this one: It's season 2 of The Dog Whisperer. I've never seen this show before so I can only assume that Cesar spends a lot of time grabbing dogs on the shoulder and saying "Tsssst!"


In theaters this week is Mr. Bean's Holiday. I'll probably see this on DVD but early reviews suggest that they didn't learn from the first movie.


For the DS, we have Brain Age 2. I'll probably pick this up, even though I don't have the time to train everyday.


The Wii Virtual Console is scheduled to have Super Metroid today. Great game, even if there's a couple places where I got stuck. (So stuck that I bought the Game Boy game thinking that there was a clue there. I was wrong.)

1 comment:

wurwolf said...

That actually is part of what the Dog Whisperer does, sort of. He makes a biting grab with his hand, employing it the same way the leader of a dog pack would to show his authority. He makes some sort of noise, too, although I'm not sure if it's "Tssst!"