Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A look back at 2008.

2007 was better.

The big news of the year obviously is that I brought in four of my friends to contribute to this blog. Lita contributed the most by giving us almost a month of updates, but I thank everybody for filling space on the old blog.

Other than that, there were no big changes this year. I didn't really come up with any new ideas. Nope, I just kept giving you the same old updates that you loved from last year. Except for the crappy drawings from my childhood. Those were a funny idea for a weekend update.

I was going to mention my favorite post of this year, but it turned out to be a post from 2007. So forget it.

Tork's Blog did increase it's popularity this year. First, I showed you earlier this year that alexa had me ranked as one of the 14 million most popular websites in the world. Well as of today, I'm ranked as the 2 millionth, 14 thousandths, 106 website in the world. That's quite a jump in one year. And it's all because I installed the Alexa toolbar on my browser. Err, I mean all because of you, the reader.

I also got a couple mentions from other blogs, and they didn't make fun of me! I think. I'm too shy to actually check the links, but according to technorati, two blogs linked to me this year. One of them is Deep Ape, an authority on MST3k after the cancellation. I believe it was for one of my Cinematic Titanic reviews. Too bad I got lazy and never got around to reviewing episodes 3-5. Oh well.

There was one thing I wanted to do but never got around to it. I went to King's Dominion again this year and took more pictures. Rather than talk about it for two months, I could have at least gone over the highlights of that trip. In fact, don't be surprised if I do get around to it despite being several months after the fact. The same goes for my trip to Hershey's Park, which I could go into more detail. Then again, I'm lazy, so maybe I'll keep updates of that to a minimum and just stick to a recap.


What do we have to look forward to in the future? Well, I predict that 2009 will not be as good as 2008, which wasn't as good as 2007. I predict this because 2009 is going to be a scary year. One, I may have to change jobs at some poin, and if that happens I'll have a great excuse to be lazy and not update. Also, who knows what my Internet status will be this year. Hopefully nothing much will change besides my lack of ideas and updates, but we'll play it by ear this year. I do hope that I can continue my February/July/December thing. Those seem to be my three biggest months of updates. Who knows, maybe I'll be at the library watching music videos and giving my dumb thoughts on them while I try to hide the screen with my shoulders while people look at my monitor curiously. That's the one month that MUST be done if everything else is lost. Heck, I've been thinking of spinning that into it's own blog. "Tork's Ignorance About Music Blog"


I hope we all make it through 2009 without too many big changes. Maybe we'll all make it through the craziness. Good luck everybody, and thanks for not posting an url of my blog at a forum that would mercilessly make fun of me!

No comments: