Tuesday, January 6, 2009

MST3k 25th Anniversary!

Is four years away. Right now I want to mention that I finally sat down and watched the extras for the 20th Anniversary set. The interviews were fun to watch, even if they didn't bring up anything that couldn't already be found at the MST3kinfo.com FAQ. I was disappoined that they didn't have Bill Corbett talk about his Observer character. The coverage from the Convention was also fun, and the host they got was pretty decent. The first question he asked went on for too long but after that he didn't annoy me.

By the way, you MSTies who were there? The answer is The Crawling Hand and Robot Monster. Dopes.

So what does this have to do with anything? Nothing, except I pledge to appear at the inevitable 25th Anniversary nerd thing! Yup, I'm totally saving up my money right now so I can eventually go to it. I figure I have four years to prepare so it won't be like the time I wanted to tour the country right before gas prices went up.

I wonder what the world will be like in 2013. I guess I'll be married by then. We'll arrive at the convention in style in our flying car. Some nerd will show off his Servo and Crow robots with advance AI, and we would all kick him despite how cool that would be. Then a phone would go off and we would pull out our cell phones, but they wouldn't be iPhones. They would be SUPER iPhones! Someone would get a call telling us that the world hadn't ended, and we nerds would all pump our fists. Then we would all discuss things like the latest video game consoles and how we went to a convention despite the fact that the country is broke. The latter discussions would provoke laughter, but it would be kind of awkward after a couple seconds. Then we would talk about how great it is that the cast is still around but we quietly bet on who would be the first to go. Then we would have Rifftrax vs CT arguments, and laugh. After kicking each other. Nerds kick, you know.

Finally we would file into the theater where the MST3k cast interview is being held. Kickings will go to any nerds who brag about being at any of these before. (I think I'll hold the guy while my wife kicks. Seems the best way to do it.) Then, the actual interview thing will be disappoining because it will just repeat the same things from last year, with the inevitable Manos cheering.

Sounds like a plan!

No comments: