Monday, January 12, 2009

This Week In Entertainment (1/12/09)

My Pick of the Week is for a show I'm not sure I've watched an episode of all the way through. However, reruns of this show are shown on public tv all the time, so your taxes support this! Here's the movie version of Are You Being Served?

In theaters this week is My Bloody Valentine 3D. I wouldn't mention a dumb slasher flick unless something about it amused me. In this case, it looks like Psycho Mantis dropped the telekinesis nonsense and went straight to ax tossing. Or maybe it's The Corroder. Also, is crummy horror movies the only time when modern movies try to be 3D? Seems like a waste.

Hotel for Dogs is really what they call the crazy old man place. Stinks there.

On the Wii we have Jungle Speed. It's a game about... I'm not sure actually, but it's the first Wii game to support 8 players. People share nunchucks and Wii controllers. Sounds like a real pain, to be honest, and that's before I know what the game is about. Presumably a racer.

Moon is a first person shooter for the DS. How come the DS gets first person shooters and the Wii gets more dumb mini-game collections? Why are third-party developers so lazy?

No comments: