Monday, May 18, 2009

This Week In Entertainment (5/17/09)

Stupid Pal version


Boom Blox was a fun game that should have sold more copies, so I'm making its sequel my Pick of the Week. Hopefully it's more of the same despite the party bash theme. I need to go back to the first and beat the shooting missions now.


In theaters this week is the latest Terminator movie. It's a good thing that Arnold isn't in it or otherwise it would have gone broke before completion. Get it?! Haw, that's a real kneeslapper. ... Eh. Anyway, it's PG-13, so expect the fanboys to grumble about it.


SPEAKING OF FANBOYS!


Back to theaters, we have Night at the Museum 2. I bet the museum looks nothing like the Smithsonian, probably for security reasons. A shame, really. I'd see this movie just to see what they do with the real place but oh well.


On DVD we have the seventh season of 24. That makes a whole week now.

This dvd set disturbs me. I know that the show must go on and they were probably stuck with contracts and all, but why did this show continue after John Ritter's death? Look at how sad the DVD cover is. It's just like Newsradio.

The latest Dr. Doolittle movie. I remember reading reviews for the first movie (which was fresh after the funny Nutty Professor remake) and the reviewer said the movie was nothing but butt jokes. By the way, the subtitle is Million Dollar Pets. How expensive was this movie? I'd hate to think that it cost millions to make.

Pacifism equals kicking butt.

Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus. Sadly, no Godzilla.


Finally, back on the Wii we have a remake of Punch Out!!! I'll probably get it but I doubt it's worth full price. I feel compelled to tell a joke but given how this game attracts racist jokes about bicycles I'm just going to back off.

No comments: