Friday, July 9, 2010

Music Video #99 (Day 8 of 2010)

Today's video is about love, like a lot of songs are. It is sung by the returning Nick Cave and is titled, "Get Ready for Love."





Sorry to disappoint wurwolf, but it's not that kind of love. It's about people's relationship with God. This video is set at a concert. The background is a dark blue and there are several color lights to flash on the band. The band has a drummer, keyboard player, guitarist, and pretty back-up singers. Nick starts by singing that we should "Get Ready for Love!" Hey, you were ready to get some love in the last music video I saw you in.

The first verse is about how when times are peaceful we tend to get distracted by our daily lives and don't pay attention to God as much. I'm sure many a Christian will nod their head at this. Well, Nick and his band are here like preachers reminding you to praise your God. One of the back-up singers gives the raise the roof gesture. Probably best to just pray and not worry about the ceiling.

The song just repeats the chorus at this point. The girls shake it a little and when the song ends Nick puts a towel on his head. Preaching is tiring work.








This is a good song. It's not what I'd expect at mass because it's not organ hymns but it's good stuff for Christian related functions. I have to admit that whenever I think of popular rock I think of Bart Simpson's line about how all the cool rock partners with Satan.

The awesome part of the video is when the back-up singers shaked their hips a bit....Does that make me a bad Christian?

3 comments:

The Mickey said...

God invented Raising the Roof.

However He claims no responsibility for the soulja boy.

wurwolf said...

Booooo.

I wanted to get ready for a different kind of love.

Lita said...

I usually try to avoid concert videos because there's not much to talk about with them, but this song has so much energy and I really love it, so you got it anyway. Hooray!