Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Skill Squares

I'm going to be busy this week, so I may be forced to do short entries each day. So I'm going to post some pics of a couple games I had at Delaware.



These are Skill Squares.



They all have these on the bottom. You wind the game up and have about a minute or so to play. On the side is an on-off switch. In front of each skill square is a lever that you pull back to (usually) shoot marbles. Usually your goal was to get all your marbles into some goal.



This Skill Square is Shootin' Gallery. It may be the first Skill Square I had, and it was definitely my favorite. Your goal is to shoot down all the bottles. There's only four, unlike a lot of other games where your goal is eight. This game was easy because you would often win the game by pulling hard on the lever.



Each Skill Square had a ranking system on a label on the back. It was hard not to get the rank of TOP GUN in this game.



The other game here is Rocket Tower. The goal was to shoot all eight marbles into the beds of the four rockets. Each rocket could hold two marbles. I don't think I ever got all eight marbles into the rockets. Six was ok and seven was doable, but it was easy to accidently knock a marble out when shooting marbles into the rockets.



Sometimes a ball would get stuck in the hooks under the rockets and you would have to consider ending the game or shooting away hoping the ball will dislodge itself.




So, there you go. I think the original set had four, and I got those and a few more. I'm not sure if I still have them all, but I'm sure I can find a couple more.

No comments: