Friday, May 11, 2007

Simpsons Season 18 Conclusion

The 18th season is coming to a close, so let's take a look at the final 3 episodes.


Stop or My Dog Will Shoot (JABF12)

Summary - After Homer gets lost in a cornfield maze, Santa's Little Helper rescues him and becomes a local hero and the Simpsons decide to enroll him in Police Dog Academy

Comments - Rudy Guiliani is going to be in this episode. Umm, I really don't have anything to say. Hopefully he'll just have a small cameo like Tony Blair and the episode will have a lot more Stephen Hawkings.

This may be a good episode because it focuses on the dog. (Did the previous sentence sound damning?)




You Kent Always Say What You Want (Jwhatever)

Summary - Homer purchases the 1-millionth ice cream cone at an ice cream store and is featured on Kent Brockman’s nightly news program. However, the innocent interview turns into trouble when Brockman uses a shocking expletive and Ned Flanders wages an anti-indecency campaign.

Comments - Not only has South Park Already Done It, but didn't Family Guy Already Do It? This episode may be slightly interesting after the Imus crap, but I'm not optimistic. In fact, the original title was "The Kent State Massacre." Yeesh.

Uh, so Kent's show is live and not delayed? Good going, moron. Unless we get a repeat of the marajuana episode, Ned will no doubt be the bad guy, something that I've always hated. It's still my position that Ned is funnier as a perfect neighbor.









24 Minutes (Jsomething)

Summary - With the help of Jack Bauer and Chloe O'Brian, Bart and Lisa must stop bullies Dolph, Jimbo and Kearney from releasing the ultimate stink bomb at Springfield Elementary's annual bake sale.

Comments - South Park Already Did It, but I missed the first half of that episode.

I've never seen 24, but that doesn't necessarily mean this episode will lose me. The parody of the X-Files was a great episode.

This episode has Keifer Sutherland. I hope this episode is the opposite of G.I. Doh, the other episode he appeared in, because that's my least favorite episode of the season.

This will be the 400th episode, so I'll cross my fingers for this one. It'll be aired on the same day as the previous episode, so maybe this episode will be a make up for "You Kent...".







I've missed these episodes.


The Wife Aquatic - I did see one clip. According to this episode, we all die on January 7th, 2010 thanks to global warming. Can't wait! We have 972 days to live.


Rome-old and Juli-eh
- I missed the ending, so I didn't get to see the preposterous way the reset button was pushed to end Selma's marriage.

The Boys of Bummer - I read the episode synopsis and wondered if the writers were really this far out of ideas.

Crooks and Ladders - Volunteer fire fighters, huh? Is it like that Flintstones episode where it was all a scam?



And now to end with something more positive. The best episode of the year was probably Little Big Girl. I think. Also next season they're going to bring back Sideshow Bob and his brother Cecil. I'm crossing my fingers on that episode.

1 comment:

The Mickey said...

er than the last few. Still not particularly great, but a marked improvement.


I'm excited about the Comic Book Guy ep. My prediction...Alan Moore's beard swallows Moleman whole!

Sideshow Bob and Cecil...sounds cool. I wonder why it took David Hyde Pierce this long to go back though...it's not like he has a job now.