Monday, June 18, 2007

This Week In Entertainment (6/18/07)



My Pick of the Week is Pinky and the Brain, Volume 3. I got the first volume but I haven't picked up the second volume yet. I'm a little nervous about this pick, though, because I'm not sure if they got to the Elmyra episodes. If so, then I may have to change this pick.


Also out on DVD this week is Animaniacs Volume 3. I don't have any of these sets. The Fox episodes were great, but I don't think the show was the same after it went to the WB. I'm not poining any fingers, I just think the show already used up it's A material by the time it moved, and the lost of Pinky and the Brain didn't help. Still, I need to start picking up these sets.

We have the Die Hard Collection set with all three movies. Say, is there a sequel coming out anytime soon?

The final documentary by Steve Irwin is out. Isn't it still a little too soon?


In theaters we have Evan Almighty, a sequel to a Jim Carrey movie I didn't see. Some guy builds an ark. Funny stuff happens, I guess. Maybe someone will talk out of their butt, even if it's a pale imitation of Carrey's greatest work.


On to video games. We got two interesting games for the Wii. The first is the latest Harry Potter game. I haven't played any of the Harry Potter games, mostly because they were clearly designed for kids. (I wouldn't mind a game where you could explore Hogwarts, but the games I saw didn't look too good.) This game might be interesting because the Wiimote would be great for casting spells. Come on, designers. Don't be lazy.

The second Wii game that catches my interest is the latest Pokemon game. As much as I don't care for the franchise right now, this one interests me because it's the first Wii game in the U.S. that supports online play. This will hopefully open the doors for more Wii online games. (I would like to see an online Wii Sports.)

No comments: