Monday, June 25, 2007

This Week In Entertainment (6/25/07)




My Pick of the Week is Mystery Science Theater 3000, Volume 11. This includes Ring of Terror, The Indestructable Man, Tormented, and The Horrors of Spider Island. The last episode was my favorite of the last season. I haven't seen Indestructable Man. Ring of Terror featured some of the oldest college kids ever. Tormented featured a girl outacting the rest of the cast.

Also out this week, and would have been my pick if it was any other week, is The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3: The Complete Series. Sadly, they seem to have cut out the episode where Princess Toadstool went to a Milli Vanilli concert. I'll have to find that episode at youtube and review it someday.

I've gots to get my hands on this one: Zero Hour! This 1957 movie was the inspiration for Airplane!

Cult Camp Classics 1 - Sci-Fi Thrillers (Attack of the 50 Ft. Woman 1958 / Giant Behemoth / Queen of Outer Space) - Worth it just to see Zsa Zsa Gabor as a Venusian scientist. There's a scene where she pretends to be the Queen of Outer Space, and nobody comments on her accent.

The New Adventures of Batman - No, this isn't the crappy WB cartoons where they needlessly redesigned the bad guys. This was made in 1977 and features the voices of Adam West and Burt Ward. Maybe they'll finally release the tv series.

The New Adventures of Superman - This was made in 1966. It's probably as crappy as the New Adventures of Batman. (Of course, how could you compete with the standard set in the forties?)

Dead Silence is coming out this week. I made fun of it when I first heard of it, but I completely forgot about it until now. If it was anything but a horror movie, I would conclude that it probably didn't do so well.

The Doomsday Machine - If it weren't for the ending, and the fact that Jabootu did a review of it, I wouldn't recommend this movie. Space movies are boring. Still, I would love to see the movie just for the ending.

Check out the comments for Bozo: the World's Most Famous Clown. People are getting into a shouting match over who's local clown was better.

"PYLE!" "SHAZAM!" "PYLE!!" "SHAZAM!!"

For the Chick Heads in your life, it's King James Version Bible on DVD!

No comments: