Tuesday, September 8, 2009

This Week In Entertainment (9/8/09)


My Pick of the Week is the latest excuse to sell plastic drum kits and guitars. This is The Beatles version of Rock Band. I bet the guys behind Guitar Hero 5 are a tad worried now.


Just in time for September 9th 2009 is the movie 9. I'm not sure there's anything you need to know other than the fact that it was tailor-made for a date.


Halloween is coming up. For fans of old horror movies is this Universal DVD set with all the classic 40s movies. If you prefer more recent movies that are too in love with themselves, here's the Scream Trilogy set. And for the kiddies is Bedknobs and Broomsticks, a Disney film similar to Mary Poppins.


For some reason companies like to release full season DVD sets and samplers. I don't like when they force you to buy the samplers and I don't like when they release the samplers afterwards. Is there anything greedier than the entertainment industry?

On the Virtual Console this week is Contra Rebirth, a Contra game similar to the SNES version. Oddly enough, they haven't released Contra 1 on the VC. Come on, Nintendo!


On the Wii itself is the latest compilation of Activision 2600 games. These are bundled with mini-games in Arcade Zone. I wonder if the Wii remote would actually make Kaboom! playable.

3 comments:

(Best Show)Watch said...

"Hi:

Two things

1) I’d like your permission to (re)print your article on The Clone Wars for our website

2) I was hoping we could use your ‘scribing’ talent for our website.

The Best Shows Youre Not Watching (dot) com [all one word]

The Clone Wars is one of our featured shows. We’re hoping to round up a few people who can occasionally contribute perspective (via an article/blog) on the shows – maybe a recent episode, future direction, plot shortcomings etc.

What’s in it for you?
Primarily a larger audience back channeled to your blog. We don’t pay but the site has a lot of promise and we're pretty excited about getting it off the ground. Let me know what you think.

Thanks

Tork said...

Wow, thank you for wanting to print my article elsewhere.

You may reprint it if you want, but I must decline writing anything further for you. I'm lazy as it is, and I don't watch much TV. Also, I'm currently stuck in between jobs so I don't have the time to contribute much.

The Mickey said...

The release of Beatles Rock band would mean something to me if I wasn't the worst Guitar Hero player ever in the history of the world (The prestigious title handed to me by my niece), which thus presumably makes me the world's worst Rock Band player in the history of the world