Sunday, October 4, 2009

The Bumblefudge Legacy: Generation 2: Chapter 1

I can't let the first post on this page be about football, so brace yourself for more Bumblefudge! Today is a landmark chapter as we move on to Generation 2! Hooray!

First thing's first:


Yes, of course I got somebody to feed the baby. He just had to wait for the party to end is all. We kind of forgot about him with all the rapid aging and humiliation and hurtful comments that was going on. Isn't that always how it goes with family get-togethers?


Hey, BOG, where are you going?

"Uh... bed? It's getting late."

BOG, you're the adult heir now! You run this place! You don't sleep in a little dinky bed in the nursery! You get your OWN room!

"Oh."


Ok, it's pretty small, but it's historical! This was the Founder's room!

"Grandma Sally slept in here?"

Yeah! Sometimes she still does!

"This is kind of creepy."


Hey! You even get your own attached bathroom!

"Well, I guess that's cool."

There's no shower in there because it got repossessed, but there's still a toilet and a sink!

"Oh. Great. Welp. I'm going to go to sleep now. Night!"


First job of any responsible adult heir is to figure out how he's going to support his family. Job search time! Between paintings and park guitar sessions, BOG has already been bringing in more money than his mom does for quite some time, but he hasn't had a regular scheduled job before.

None of the jobs in the paper today were what we were looking for. Fortunately, Sims 3 offers a new way to get a job:


That's right. If there aren't any good job openings in the paper or online, you can just march your Sim over to whichever building in which the job is located and apply directly.

BOG is going for the music career track. I have no idea at this point whether this is rock or classical music we are talking about, but he should be happy either way. Sim BOG has a fondness for both.


BOG is hired as a music fan! Don't ask me how you get paid to be a fan. I guess there are some bands that need to hire people to like their music? Explains Creed's success.


"Hey, Boggy! I heard you got a job!"

"MOM!!"

"That's great, Son! It'll be great to get some money coming into the house for once! You know, there were some touches I was hoping you could add to the vault out back--"

"MOM WILL YOU GET OUT OF HERE???"



Ugh. Today's maid-du-jour is the worst ever. That bowl she's eating out of is left over from some long-forgotten previous meal and has bugs and green stuff floating off it. THAT IS NOT HOW YOU CLEAN DIRTY DISHES!

Seriously, we pay her to clean, not--

Holy shit.

That bowl in her hand? Exact same bowl she was eating out of. She hasn't put it down since the last picture. She was sitting and eating surrounded by filth one second, and then she starts to stand up and POOF! All the dirty dishes disappear! I do not know how she did it. I think she may be a witch.


BOG called up Andrea Wilks, his girlfriend, and is now chilling out front, waiting for her to arrive.


There she is!

"Wait... seriously?"

Oh, shut up and quit being a jerk, you jerk. You know I'm looking out for your best interests. Don't I always have your back?

"Um... No?"

Just do as you're told.


Ahh, young love. The romantic scene begins just as sun begins to set and we lose all our light making most of the rest of it indecipherable.

Main upshot? BOG proposes! The next few pictures that I took but am not including because they are too dark to be worthwhile are of Andrea accepting, and then her and BOG taking their vows right on the spot because I don't believe in long Sim engagements.

Yes, I could invest in outdoor lighting to help with some of this trouble, but my experience with this game so far is that outdoor lighting is unreliable at best. I've never noticed any improvement in Sims 3, unlike in the other Sims games where it made a difference. Maybe I didn't try hard enough. I might give it another shot some day.


"What's going on out here? Did I miss anything? Andrea, what are you doing out here by yourself?

"Mom, I'm right here."

"Oh, Boggy, I'm sorry, I didn't see you. It's so dark out."

"..."

"What are you two doing out here? You are adults now. You can smooch indoors if you want. I'll just try to keep my retching to a minm--"

"Hello, Ms. Bumblefudge!! Er... do you mind if I call you Mom?"

"...?"

"Oh, Mom, I look so forward to getting to know you better! Hey, look at this beautiful ring Boggy gave me!"

"Oh dear God in heaven..."


I promised Andrea in the last chapter that I'd fix what the Sims clothing randomizer broke. Here is my effort so far. She's got more transforming to do, but this is as much as I can do to her short-term.

Keeping BOG's career choice in mind, I endeavored to make her look like a proper rock-and-roll wife. I also tried to keep her personality in mind when making her clothing choices. Speaking of which, I never looked at Andrea's personality before marrying her to BOG. Heck, it's not like it's unheard of for kids to get married right out of high school without really getting to know their new spouse, right?

Here's the damage:


Not bad! Most of those traits are fine. Even Unlucky isn't likely to interfere with any specific plans I have for Andrea. Her favorite music is Indie, I think, and her favorite color is blue. I think that food in the middle is...what is that? Looks like nachos, but I'm pretty sure it's mac & cheese, which is a really easy dish. She should be easy to care for. She's easily impressed, and I can't imagine that's a bad trait to have if you're determined to be a part of this family.

Starting now.

Let's leave these two lovebirds alone for now, shall we? I'll see you next time as BOG starts working for a living and Andrea settles into her new life as a Legacy wife.

Take care!

1 comment:

wurwolf said...

Kinda makes me sad, wurwolf's time is drawing to a close...