Wednesday, November 14, 2007

King's Dominion 2007: Part 14

Last time on King's Dominion 2007: It was starting to get dark.





We start with a picture taken before God created light.





Back in the present, our next picture is inside the Paramount Theater. I had given up on going on anymore rides so I decided to catch the last show. I was in the Water Works section last so I had to walk quite a distance. Luckily I got there with a few minutes to spare.

We were warned against using flash, so I had to turn it off.





This might have been a picture of the floor I took to make sure my flash feature wasn't on. I didn't want to get kicked out.





This is probably the best picture I took, so soak it in. The sixties were about hair and records, apparently.





This was the instruments played by the band during the show. They were in the background and didn't interact with the performers.





The theater itself wasn't too bad. It wasn't crowded and I had a nice seat to myself in the back. In the middle you can see the person who was in charge of the equipment and responsible for the cues.





Ladies and Gentlemen: Twistin' to the Sixties!





I only took a couple pictures of the live stuff before I realized I wasn't going to get anything.

So what was TttS about? I think it was something like this: Once in the sixties, there were four gals and four guys. The black guy was also the narrator. The other guys didn't really stand out except the poindexter nerd. The girls had different colored hair and one was somewhat nerdy.

So, people of the sixties used to sing and dance to early sixties songs you've heard on the oldies stations all the time. I think the plot had something to do with going to a big dance and winning a dance competition, but I couldn't quite follow it.





After several songs, the girls had a slumber party. Because that's what girls do. They sang a few songs that were less upbeat (is Leader of the Pack really a romantic song?) Then the guys came back and sang a few songs. Then they went to the beach for some reason I can't remember, but they had to since it was the sixties and beach movies got popular for a while so they had to burn off a few songs some way.





Later on the girls went to get their hair done, because the sixties was about big hair don't you know? The narrator guy got to dress up as a woman because seeing a black guy playing a black woman with a fake butt is hilarious. I have no empirical proof of that last statement. One of the girls hair was devoured by a big machine.

Anyway, the big dance happens. Nerdy girl is no longer nerdy. She was probably really near-sighted, though. The girl who's hair got eaten won, or didn't won, or something, and a fight breaks out. The end.

My favorite character was the red-head. I think. Remember, this took place more then two months ago and I can't even remember emails I read over a couple minutes ago. This play was fun even if it was as vacuous and nonsensical as the decade it was set in.





The show lasted about an hour. I'm guessing it was about 7:45 at this poin.

I just like taking pictures of the tower, ok?





I had already given up on going on anymore rides at this poin. At night the lines get ridiculous.





So I took some more pictures of this pool. Why not?





This is a ride I took a picture of because it's next to the entrance. It was there the last time I went so I always remember it as one of the first rides you see while entering.





It's still not quite nighttime, so a couple more pictures will do. I was probably checking the souvenir stores at this poin.





Don't ask me to take pictures at your wedding. Just don't.





Nighttime finally happened. As it grew darker, I decided to go get my stuff from my locker and head to the car. Of course, there was a couple flaws with my thinking. One, it was my sister's car I had to go to, and I didn't know her license plate. Two, I forgot that I didn't have the keys to her car. But other than that! Luckily, I had her phone number, and we planned to meet at the entrance.





I think I had already gone to the souvenir store, so let me see if I can remember what I got. I got a King's Dominion tshirt for myself because that's what I wanted most. I got a deck of King's Dominion cards and a poker chip for my parents. I got a KD pin, because I have a pin collection. I also got several more pins to send to my friends, but I haven't sent those yet. I also bought a KD thimble for one of my friends, even if she's more into crochet. I don't know, I guess I just thought a thimble was a good idea. I probably would have bought more stuff (like a Klingon phaser for my dad) but I didn't want to go broke on a one day trip.





The one thing I wanted more than a tshirt but they didn't have? A King's Dominion DVD, even if it was just a promotional one. I would have bought that in a heartbeat.





I went to about three souvenir shops. I didn't go to the ones in the middle of the park because it just felt too late in the day.





One more mini-movie for the road.






At night they started to sell cheap lightsabre, and I found my sister and her boyfriend playing with those when I got to the entrance with my stuff. S. I. G. H.







Is it a water fountain, or is it HELL FIRE!?





Here's the crowd leaving. We had to wait for some members of our group who went to the bathroom. While outside the bathroom, I tried to make a timely foottapping joke to my sister, but she didn't get it, EVEN THOUGH it was a topic that was brought up on the trip over. Bah.





While waiting I sat down on the bench surrounding this area. Some King's Dominion worker told me to get up because a skunk was somewhere in the bushes behind me. Yikes.






FINAL PICTURE!

So the day ended. We got in the car around 8 and went home. I think everybody was just tired at that poin. I was. I probably could have stayed later if by myself, but there wouldn't have been much to do except go on roller coasters.

It was a nice visit, and I hope it isn't the last.






Ok, since I broke this thing up into fourteen parts over a period of two months, I'm going to have to reread it to make sure it's coherent and that I didn't forget anything. I'll let you know if I updated anything. I'm also missing a couple movies in part 12 or 13.

1 comment:

wurwolf said...

I laughed, I cried, I looked at all of your pictures. That was an epic journey through Kings Dominion, my friend. Well done.