Monday, November 12, 2007

This Week In Entertainment (11/13/07)



I have a Wii, so my Pick of the Week should be obvious. This is the latest "One Big Super Mario game per system" game. This one should be a lot better than the disappoining Super Mario Sunshine. Super Mario Galaxy introduces a new Princess, although she's just Princess Toadstool with a Veronica Lake haircut. The real Princess Toadstool is kidnapped, of course. This game includes a feature where you can shoot stars at the screen with the remote. Take that, Mushroom people!


Another Wii game I'm looking forward to is Tomb Raider: Anniversary. I think this is a remake of the first and best Tomb Raider game, with an updated game engine. I wish this series would produce another game as good as the first.


Since Mario is heading to the Wii, on DVD they're releasing the last of the Mario cartoons. The Super Mario World cartoons are combined with the last season of Captain N: The Game Master. To sum up, the unmemorable Super Mario World cartoons are combined with the crappy last season of Captain N. And I'll pick it up! (By the way, I want to see Simon Belmont and Mega Man on Super Smash Bros Brawl!)

The award for the most ridiculous title I've seen in a while: Hick-Spanic!
Link included to prove that I'm not making that up.

I only want to mention Ultimate Mortal Kombat (Ultimate MK3 for the DS*) because it has WiFi support, which Mortal Kombat Armageddon should have had. And don't tell me that I misspelled kombat, blogger!




* - I can't imagine playing this game with the original DS D-pad.

No comments: