Tuesday, November 13, 2007

King's Dominion: Part 13

Last time on King's Dominion 2007: I was looking at funny gag tombstones.





Since I was in the area, I decided to take more pictures of the White Water Canyon. It was too late in the day to go on the ride a second time plus I was probably still wet from the first time.






The zoom feature for this camera doesn't work well.





Not at all.





Even if I can steady my hands long enough.





There's a bridge for visitors on top of where they load people into the tires. This is the best angle to get pictures of the ride because you can't really see it from anywhere else. Or you could, but I had no idea where to find them. There's probably a bench where you can watch people go by, but I can't remember. I was too busy trying not to get too wet.





Number 12. I've always liked that number.





What the?! Where the heck am I?





Oh, this helps!





Oh, you know what? If you squint real hard, you can sorta almost make out people going by on the aforementioned tires. Or maybe not. Maybe those are bushes who look like blurry people. This is a picture trying to catch White Water Canyon riders in the distance. You can see the rocks behind the fence in the background. I really wish I could have gotten a picture of people going by but oh well.





It was starting to get late in the day. I'm sure it was already past five p.m. There was one last ride that I felt I must get on, but I was having problems finding it. It was sort of a water ride, but it was like the Shenadoah Log Flume where you wear pants and a shirt and only get moderately wet. I don't know what it's called, but you got on a raft and ride down a blue tunnel that twists several times before you come out. I'm sure I mentioned it in my nostalgia post about the park.

Anyway, I decided to head on over to the Water Works area. Several times during the day I was in the area, but didn't go far because I was wearing jeans and a tshirt and felt like I didn't belong in an area where people were wearing bathing suits. But I finally figured that as long as they don't tell me to buzz off I was fine.

Here is one of the reasons why I wish I wasn't so self-conscious. I did bring a pair of bathing trunks and a white tshirt and I wish I could have gotten under this water fountain.





Ok, now I had just walked under a roller coaster and I am now in the heart of the Water Works area. That blue ride in the background looks similar to the ride I was looking for, but it was alone and it didn't give you a raft. Instead you just go by yourself.





Maybe the ride I was looking for is gone, because this looks like it, but is not as big and all the rides I saw ended with people splashing into pools. That's a shame, really. I miss the old raft ride through the blue tubes.





Now these pictures are coming off as a big advertisement for the Water Works section, but frankly I don't care. This thing was awesome! It was like a jungle gym of wetness! I must give over my shyness one day just to go on the Surf City Splash House.





I don't know what I was doing here. I think I'm next to one of those artificial beach/pool places, and decided to snap a picture while holding it at my side. Is that my leg? Let's move on.





Again, total awesomeness. Curse everything about me that prevented me from being under all that.





A little to the right from the last picture we can sorta make another wet area in the background. Too bad I got these people in the foreground. Get outta my way!





Here's the pool area I mentioned earlier. This is either the Big Wave Bay or Tidal Wave Bay. Artificial waves are created from time to time. I didn't get too close to the pool because I felt out of place so I just took this picture. You can't really tell that there's a pool here.





It was getting late in the day so I headed back towards the Paramount Theater. I thought I could catch one of the shows.

This picture is of the place where I ate earlier. I have a horrible memory so I wanted to remember what the place was, but this picture is terrible.




Not that this picture is any better, but you can now make out the words "Wayside Grill." Good burger. Long wait.



Next time:


Will I go to a show?
Will I go on another ride?
How much longer can I stretch this thing?

No comments: