Sunday, November 11, 2007

King's Dominion 2007 : Part 12

Jeez, am I ever going to finish this thing? It's been over two months!

Last time on King's Dominion 2007: I was wondering around the kids section.




Even though King's Dominion doesn't use the Hannah Barbera theme that much, many of the kids' rides are still named after HB characters. I guess in a way it's a reference to the park's past. Still, I think now that the park is on owner number three, these names will fade out for more trendy names. I'm surprised they are not already named after Nickelodeon characters.





This is a waterfall in the kids section. I just like them, ok?











Neat, huh?






I don't know why I took a picture of this, other than the fact that my friends have mentioned Blue's Clues several times.





I don't know what kind of ride this is. I guess you walk in and look around Blue's house. Maybe it's a show, but I don't see any times posted.





Running out of ideas, I walked back to the Eiffel Tower. Here we can see they were setting up stuff for the Halloween party. Halloween is when the park is last opened. Around this time (September 4th, if you can't remember) the park is only opened on weekends until it finally closes for the season.





This blurry picture is of a corpse that's hung up. Ummm, boo?





Hey, funny tombstones! Those are hilarious, right? Well, no, but I took pictures anyway. This is a make up for not being able to take pictures of those photos on the Blue Ridge Tollway ride.

I wish I knew who "she" was in this instance.





I can't see the tomb, so let's focus on that skeleton. He looks like he's relaxing after a long day at King's Dominion.





Sometimes I just suck at taking pictures.

No, wait! That's just dust on the tombstone. Yeah, it's not blurry! It's dusty!






Maybe this is the "she" referenced in the last readable tombstone. Let that be a lesson to you kids! Sex equals death!





Skulls are scary, right?

Too bad I couldn't go back during Halloween. During that day I had to brush my teeth because of an upcoming dental appoinment. Not as much fun as whatever happened at King's Dominion, I'm sure.





So, the day was drawing nearer to a close, and I hadn't gone on too many rides. So why not go on the Log Flume again? I once went on that ride half a dozen times. You have to give this ride credit for not having really long lines.





At this poin, I realized something that I haven't noticed before, besides the photo booth.





The Shenadoah Log Flume gave you an opportunity to make people even more wet. By inserting a quarter, you can push the button and spray riders with a stream of water.





I think I was trying to catch people going by and getting wet, but this is just a wasted picture.

Maybe I should have just deleted several pictures so I could be done by now.





That red thing is one of the places where water squirts out.





Here's a better picture to show what I'm talking about. I had some change left over from earlier, so I put a few quarters into one of the machines. I think I tried 3 times and had limited success. After that a whole lot of other people started doing that. The person who had the most success was at pipe number 6.







As you can see, I decided it was best not to get on the ride.



Next time:

Will I get on another ride?
Will I go see a show?
How many more pictures did I friggen take?

4 comments:

wurwolf said...

The amusement park we always go to, Knoebels, just started that water gun thing on the log flume ride this year. I was the only one who didn't go on the log flume, so I was able to totally get my family wet! It was awesome!!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.