Monday, November 26, 2007

This Week In Entertainment (11/26/07)



I'll finish this later in the day but you can take a look at my Pick of the Week now.

Ok, my Pick of the Week is the first new Futurama material since 2003. It says a lot, though, that my first thoughts are 'I hope this doesn't suck like the last four seasons of The Simpsons.'


Also out on dvd is the second Bean movie. It's probably not that good but I'll probably still see it once.

I have no idea what The Common Denominators is about, but I love the name.

This DVD set has the latest world series. I have to admit: I'm sick of these Massachusetts teams winning, but I kinda like the Red Sox. Their comeback win against the Yankees in 04 was genuinely exciting.

I don't have a myspace account. Does that make me over the hill?


Last but not least is the Amazon Kindle. This is a device not unlike a similar device that Sony sells that will allow you to read books on a handheld device. I wouldn't mind having one of these, but I don't think the technology is practical or cheap yet. It's too bad, because this one allows you to download the latest stuff from rss feeds (although I've read that you had to pay a fee for each feed, which would be ridiculous.) Let me know when these things are far less than 400 dollars and can hold pdf files.

No comments: