Sunday, February 10, 2008

Sunday, Lazy Sunday (2/10/08)

Today I watched The King of Kongs: Fistful of Quarters. Good movie, even if it does focus on a bunch of dorks. Hey, I love video games and I've played my fair share, but competitive arcade gaming? Huh.

This film really made Billy Mitchell look like a collosal jerk, and I was ready to kick him if I ever met him, but afterwards I did a little research and the referee guy (I think) poined out some problems with the way the documentary was cut. Also left out was the fact that Steve Wiebe still owns the Donkey Kong Jr score, which was brought up but never mentioned again. I guess if Billy beats that we'll have a King of Kong Jr. movie.

I'm sorry for focusing on the negative. I like how the film poined out that there was a Kill Screen and how Steve prepared himself. I think that anybody who never played a video game can at least understand the underdog vs champ story that the documentary goes for. I hate to admit it, but I was a little emotional at the end. (Then I played one of the DVD features and found out that the ending has since been nullified. Let that be a lesson to you: Never try.)

You know the sad part? I would pay money to see Billy Mitchell's perfect Pac-Man game and the best Donkey Kong score of both guys.



In other news The University of Maryland is going to be crowded tomorrow. Barack Obama is going to visit during the afternoon. Since it seems like he might win the presidency by default, I should probably take a peak at him, but I think I'll pass. Hopefully it won't take hours to leave.



The Redskins have a new coach, and he's some guy. Way to go, Snyder!

No comments: