Sunday, February 24, 2008

This Week In Entertainment (2/25/08)




I hate to do this because of the principal of it, but I'm going to give the Pick of the Week to the Smurfs Season One just for the sake of 80s nostalgia. I still hate the fact that they break these sets into volumes. Didn't this show lasted over 7 seasons? Jeez. Still, I wish I knew which season had the purple Smurf episode. Freaky ep.


Also on DVD we have the worst Superbowl since the last time Dallas won. It's probably just highlights crap anyway. Be sure to read the reviews where 99 percent will say stuff like "HAW BELICHEAT CHOKED THE GIANTS RULLED! THE PATRIOTS SUKC!" Frankly I'm willing to pretend this season never happened.

I was going to cry foul on this color Honeymooners set, but it's for the later episodes, not colorized classics. I've never seen these so I don't know how good they are.

First they took away planet Pluto, and I said nothing. Now they're going to take away the penny. Sure, they probably should, but what else are they going to take?

I don't think I've ever seen an episode of Riptide, but I have seen commercials for it and recognize it as that show with the ant robot. Is the robot like the comedy relief, or does he help solve crimes, or what?

Another Justice League set
? How many iterations of this show are there?


In video game news we have Destroy All Humans for the Wii. I'm glad that the Wii is getting more games from more companies but I wish that it would get exclusive games and not Playstation 2 repeats. (Then again, I have to laugh that the Wii's biggest competitor is the XBox 360 and the PS2 and not the PS3.)

Another Bubble Bobble for the DS. The first one was apparently broken, so I guess they're trying again.

I wish I would play more adventure games like this. And Then There was None for the Wii may or may not be a good game, but it could be. It would be funny if the company decided to spruce up the novel and turned it into a Alone in the Dark ripoff.

1 comment:

wurwolf said...

Destroy All Humans for the PS2 was a tough game. We never finished it. Great concept and graphics, not great in the execution. I'm interested to know how the Wii version plays.