Monday, February 4, 2008

This Week In Entertainment (2/4/08)



I'm picking MST3k Volume 10.2 for Pick of the Week. It's the infamous set that was quickly pulled because Rhino didn't have the rights to Godzilla vs Megalon. Instead, we get Giant Gila Monster, which I haven't seen. Also included is Swamp Diamonds (haven't seen), Giant Spider Invasion (spider car!), and Teenage Strangler. The latter two are pretty good and I've been wanting to see Swamp Diamonds.


Also out on DVD is Perfect Strangers Seasons One and Two. I used to love this show as a kid but I'm sure I would be embarrassed by it now.

Snow Buddies was advertised during the Puppy Bowl. It's a terrible looking kids movie about talking puppies. Did you know that the original Air Bud hasn't been around for a while?

Here's the way Shakespeare intended Romeo and Juliet. With monkeys.

The Phantom Creeps is public domain, so why not release it on DVD? It'll simplify everything for serial fans.


On the Virual Console is Columns 3: Revenge of Columns. Question 1: What are we avenging here? Question 2: What happened to Columns 2?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I recently saw some Perfect Strangers episodes for the first time in a long time, and I think they're just as funny now as they were when they were first run on ABC.

Tork said...

That may be true, but I can't help but notice that you're anonymous. :o)